Image Map

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Hunger Games Mockingjay T-Shirt [Free Stencil Design Download]

My husband and I went with our friends to see the Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 movie last night! It was SO AWESOME. I got to fangirl it all out and wear my custom painted Mockingjay shirt!

Long long ago (2 1/2 years ago), I began making a Hunger Games fan t-shirt. I drew up a design and made it into a stencil to be painted on the back of the shirt.


Well, I DID manage to finish painting the back design, but due to life and circumstances, I completely forgot about this shirt until I found it in my "never-to-be-finished-crafts" pile a week ago. Realizing that the next-to-last Hunger Games movie was about to come out, I figured it was about damn time I finished this shirt. So, I pulled up Photoshop and made a design for the front of the shirt. I had this design (minus Smaug the dragon) kicking around in a sketchbook for a year or so.


I printed out the design on 8x11.5 printer paper and traced it onto some freezer paper and then cut out the design with an X-acto knife. I kept the middle parts of the "O" and "D's" and "R's".


Then, I ironed the stencil onto the shirt and painted numerous layers of metallic gold acrylic paint. Of course, the paint leaked under the stencil because I am impatient and can't wait for layers to dry, but thanks to a black fabric pen, it covered up the mistakes nicely.

And there you have it, folks. The finished product:

Front of shirt

Back of shirt

I didn't get any photos of me wearing it because the lighting in my house was atrocious. I did get to finally wear my mockingjay pin with the shirt though. Now, I just need to iron it to set the paint and actually wash it.

If you would like to make your own version of this shirt, you can download the FRONT design here:

[FREE STENCIL DOWNLOAD]

Just remember to "Print Actual Size" so that the text is true to size. What about the back design? Sorry, I don't have that stencil any longer. :(

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed this post. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment