Image Map

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Kitty Cat Tattoo Designs

Hello everyone! Today, I bring you more tattoo designs! I was commissioned by a friend of mine to design a black cat tattoo on her ankle for her. She wanted a design with a sleek, feminine look. Since I like options (I mean, who doesn't?), I ended up drawing SEVEN designs for her.

ALL the designs on one piece of paper and my 'wonderful' manicures.

I don't really draw felines much so I had to look up a bunch of references for this commission. I really liked the idea of a curvy design that wrapped around the ankle so I drew a lot of the kitties with a long flowy tail. 

All 7 of these designs were drawn onto one large piece of Bristol board and there was no way it was going to fit onto my scanner. So, I had to bring the drawing outside in the full sun and take photos of each design and then edit them in Photoshop. On to the designs!


Here's design number one. I was going for a silhouette look with some negative space highlighting the contours.


Design number two is another silhouette design with negative space accentuating the ear and eye. This is one of the designs that would wrap around the ankle.


Design number three is more of a sketch than a tattoo, but then again anything can be a tattoo, right? ;) This sketch is finished with ballpoint pen crosshatch shading.


Design four is actually inspired by design three's pose but in a more stylized look. This one would look cool wrapped around the ankle.


Design five is a variation on the pose of designs 3 and 4. I'm a big fan of Japanese ink brush artwork so I decided to incorporate that in the cat's tail.

Design six is another sketch design with a wrap tail done with ballpoint pen.

And finally, design seven! The pose for this one was definitely inspired by design 6. My friend sent me the cutest photo of her cat wearing a red bow so I decided to add a bow. The bow is colored using Prismacolor markers.


And here's all the designs grouped together!



Well, that's it for today's post! I hope ya'll enjoyed it and there will be more posts to come soon! Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment