Image Map

Friday, October 5, 2012

I Am Sherlocked

If you follow my Twitter or Facebook page, you'll probably already know that I FREAKING LOVE the BBC series Sherlock. It's probably an unhealthy obsession that stemmed from the fact that I think my husband looks very similar (I think it's the dark fluffy/curly hair) to Benedict Cumberbatch, the actor that plays Sherlock. Both of which are very sexy. :D

Anywho, one of the indie nail polish shops I follow on Etsy, Metametics, had made her own line of Sherlock themed nail polish! AHHH! I immediately bought a mini bottle each of "High-functioning Sociopath" and "Honey, you should see me in a crown." I just got them in yesterday and I LOVE THEM

Behold.


Aren't they gorgeous? I'm going to do a short review on each!

First, I'm going to review "Honey, you should see me in a crown." It was night time when I took all these photos, so I only had fluorescent light to try and capture the true color of the polish. The light made this polish look more orange-y instead of a bright, intense red that it really is. The polish formula itself seems to have a metallic shimmer with lots of large and small golden orange hex glitters. 

I've never owned a glitter-laden polish before so I was a little skeptical of how the glitter would spread on my nails. 

Boy, was I wrong. This polish is amazing. I only have ONE COAT (plus topcoat) on! Look how thick and vivid it is! The formula is smooth and there tons of glitter in each stroke. I think this is actually my favorite of the two. :)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, it's time to review "High-Functioning Sociopath." My camera actually did a decent job of capturing the deep, rich intense blue color of this polish. The formula of this polish was more gel-like and thicker with no metallic undertone. It's laden with small silver bluish hex and square glitters. 

Due to the thicker formula, I had a little more problems putting this one on. Plus, I was painting this one on my right hand using my left hand. I SUCK at putting on polish with my left hand so I got it EVERYWHERE. I used 2 coats plus topcoat with this polish. With the first coat, it seemed like I wasn't getting enough glitter on the nail, but once the 2nd coat was on, the glitter covered evenly. 

I would say my favorite thing about this polish is the jelly-like appearance and the VERY rich, dark blue color. Oohhh... so mysterious and intense like Sherlock. *heart*



That's it for today's post! I hope you enjoyed it and will be convinced to watch Sherlock! To be biased, I don't recommend the American version of the show (even though it hasn't come out yet) and I assume it will not even come close to being as good as the BBC's version. 

Thanks for reading and have a great day! :)

Moriarty VS Sherlock... OR is it Democrats VS Republicans? You decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment