Image Map

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Egg [Mc]Muffins

My husband, Drift0r, and I LOVE breakfast food. This is great and all, but not so great for our waistlines. Of course, we're also bacon lovers so our hearts currently hate us.

We're also still on the night schedule. We've been going to bed around 5 am every morning/night so sometimes we like to have a very early breakfast-snack, er, meal.

The other night, there was a dilemma on what we had to eat in the house. Sure, we have lots of food, but most of it needs to be cooked. First world problems, no? Well, Google to the rescue! I searched for a recipe generator and used Supercook to help find a recipe for spinach quiche. Well, apparently I didn't have all the necessary ingredients for quiche, but I spotted this recipe in my search results and BINGO!

BACON WRAPPED EGG McMUFFINS!

OMNOMNOMNOM




I basically used the same recipe as linked above but added cheese and omitted the salt.

Bacon Wrapped Egg McMuffins
Adapted from: Food.com

Ingredients/Tools Needed
12 cup muffin pan
12 slices bacon 
12 fresh eggs  
1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper 
1 cup shredded cheese of choice (I used Mexican blend) - divided evenly between each "muffin"

Directions
Preheat oven at 375°F. In a medium frying pan, fry bacon until it looks soft translucent-pink, but not fully cooked. Drain on paper towels. Line each slice of bacon around the side of each muffin cup. Ends may overlap. Break one egg directly in the center of each muffin cup. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Watch for the whites and yolks to begin to set. 5 minutes before they are done, take the pan out and put the ground fresh black pepper on top of each muffin and top with the cheese. Place back into the oven for 5 more minutes. Let cool before removing from pan. Take out with small spatula onto a serving plate. You can fry the bacon the night before and drain and refrigerate for the morning.

Tadaa! Tasty bacon egg muffins! They were actually quite delicious and very filling. They also store well. I just put the leftovers into a tupperware in the refrigerator and they still tasted great 2 days later. While I do not have any children... yet, I believe children of most ages would love these. I know I would have when I was a kid! 

Hoped you enjoyed today's post! Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment