Image Map

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hmmm.... Doughnuts!

You guys! My air conditioning is working again! Hooray!!!

So, my nonexistent sweet tooth got the better of me. You can ask my husband because I rarely crave anything sweet. He, on the other hand, LOVES sweets. His ideal desserts would be cakes, pie, cookies, ice cream, and candy. My mom usually gave me fresh fruit for dessert as I was growing up. We rarely got ice cream or cake for dessert and that was only a few times a year.

I saw this amazing pin on Pinterest a few days ago and I had to make it. I used this recipe by Christy Jordan from Southern Plate. It is AMAZING!

I used only 1 tablespoon of cinnamon mixed with 1 cup of sugar for my cinnamon sugar mix and it worked out well! I mean, it did manage to cover 2 cans of biscuits.... yes.... I made 20 doughnuts. Ugh. I feel fat now.

I didn't have a medicine cup on hand to punch out the doughnut holes so I used the cap from my vanilla extract bottle.


They fry up pretty fast! I would say about a minute or less on each side once the oil is hot enough.


Look! Doughnut holes!!!

Yes, those are chopsticks.
My dear husband helped coat them in melted butter and cinnamon sugar. Look how amazing they look!

They may look burnt, but it's just the lighting.
A close up on that cinnamon sugar goodness:


They taste great! They're not exactly like the doughnuts from the doughnut shop. My husband said, "They taste like a mix between funnel cake and those sugar covered doughnuts from the Chinese buffet." I would have to say that that is the best description of these doughnuts. They're crispy on the outside but soft and spongy on the inside. Yuuum.....

Super easy to make and taste awesome! Not healthy, but oh well! Here's how they look on the inside!


That's it for today's post! Thanks for reading and I hope that you'll make some doughnuts too!

No comments:

Post a Comment